Scannx Book ScanCenter
The Affordable, Easy-to-Use, Self-Service Book Scanning Solution
The Book ScanCenter is comprised of an All-In-One 15” or 23” touchscreen PC preloaded with Scannx software and connected to an 11” x 17” book-edge scanner. It is the choice of libraries because its large friendly buttons guide the user through the scan process from choosing file formats, to scan quality, color depth, file naming, and destinations. The home screen also provides contrast and magnifying tools for the visually impaired.
- Converts scanned images to PDF, searchable PDF, Word, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and MP3 file formats
- Sends scanned files to email, USB drive, mobile devices, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Office 365, OneDrive, network folders, printer, or fax
- Integrates with ILLiad, Odyssey, Article Exchange, Tipasa, and WorldShare ILL for easy interlibrary sharing
- Captures full pages of text without distortion
- Pages up to 11x17" can lie flat on glass to protect book spine
- Powered by ABBYY FineReader Technology for unmatched OCR accuracy
- Translates text to over 60 languages
- Easy-to-use software available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Russian
- Supports selected ITC and Jamex payment systems
Protect Books and Privacy
The patented design of the Book ScanCenter protects the spine of the book from damage to extend its life. The book page lies flat on the glass, and the full image of the page is captured without distortion. The Book ScanCenter automatically crops, straightens and orients each page.
The system also protects privacy and confidentiality by only saving the scanning statistics and not any identifiable session information. Users can also password protect any scanned document and an additional authentication module can prevent anonymous emails from being distributed.
The Scannx Book ScanCenter offers touchscreen scanning to:
The solution is also integrated with cloud-based Scannalytics reporting, which provides a look at destination use and volume of scanned pages over time. These reports can be configured for weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly delivery to your email.
Unmatched OCR Accuracy
The Book ScanCenter is integrated with the ABBYY Fine-Reader Engine for unmatched optical character recognition (OCR) accuracy. ABBYY’s multi-lingual document recognition engine automatically detects English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages. An optional OCR pack allows for detecting up to 189 languages.
Translation Services, optional at a fixed fee per year for unlimited use, enable users to scan a document and have the text instantly translated into any of 60+ different languages. The original and translated documents, stored as Word files, can be sent via email or stored to USB drive, Network folder, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Office 365, and OneDrive destinations.
Supported Billing Systems
The Book ScanCenter supports ITC and Jamex* coin, bill, and debit/credit card systems. It also works with leading print management vending systems including GoPrint, Pharos, and P-Counter. Scannx systems also support card systems from Blackboard and CBORD.
*compatible with Jamex 6557 coin/bill box products shipped after 4/1/2014
The Book ScanCenter hardware is backed by a one-year Manufacturer’s Warranty that can be upgraded and extended through ScannXtra Care® for up to five years. The unit is supported by Scannx technical support and customer service teams in the U.S.