ScannX Book ScanCenter Elite
The High-Volume, High-Speed, Easy-to-Use Scanning Solution
The Book ScanCenter Elite is comprised of an All-In-One 21” or 23" touchscreen PC preloaded with ScannX software and connected to an 11” x 17” book-edge scanner with automatic document feeder. This state-of-the-art, book-edge unit can scan an 11” x 17” page in 200 dpi black and white in under 5 seconds. Now libraries can replace their toner-based copiers with this more environmentally-friendly option. The home screen also provides contrast and magnifying tools for the visually impaired.
- Automatic document feeder can scan 45 pages per minute
- Converts scanned images to PDF, searchable PDF, Word, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and MP3 file formats
- Sends scanned files to email, USB drive, mobile devices, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Office 365, OneDrive, network folders, printer, or fax
- Integrates with ILLiad, Odyssey, Article Exchange, Tipasa, and WorldShare ILL for easy interlibrary sharing
- Patented design captures full pages of text without distortion
- Powered by ABBYY FineReader Technology for unmatched OCR accuracy
- Translates text to over 60 languages
- Easy-to-use software available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Russian
- Supports selected ITC and Jamex payment systems
Protect Your Books
The patented design of the Book ScanCenter Elite protects the spine of the book from damage to extend its life. The book page lies flat on the glass, and the full image of the page is captured without distortion. The system can automatically scan a stack of up to 11” x 17” documents and automatically crop, straighten and orient each page.
Keep Your Library Green
The system also helps you meet your environmental goals by allowing your scans to be sent to or stored on a variety of media, rather than printing. The Book ScanCenter Standard Edition software includes output to email, Google Drive, mobile devices, network, print, USB drive, and Wepa. Add-on options include Article Exchange, Box, Dropbox, fax, ILLiad, Odyssey, Office 365, OneDrive, print from cloud or USB drive, print from mobile device, Tipasa, and WorldShare ILL. Translation into multiple languages is also available.
The Book ScanCenter Elite is integrated with the ABBYY FineReader Engine for unmatched accuracy. ABBYY’s multilingual document recognition engine automatically detects English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages.
Scannalytics tracks usage statistics, enables features remotely, and distributes updates. IT and Accounting departments can use these reports to manage and optimize asset utilization and department chargeback fees.
Translation Services, optional at a fixed fee per year for unlimited use, enable users to scan a document and have the text instantly translated into any of the 60+ different languages. The original and translated documents, stores as Word files, can be sent via email or stored to USB drive, Network folder, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Office 365, and OneDrive destinations.
Supported Billing Systems
The Book ScanCenter Elite supports ITC and Jamex coin, bill, and debit/credit card systems. It also works with leading print management vending systems including Pharos, EnvisionWare, and PCounter.
The Book ScanCenter Elite is backed by a one-year Manufacturer's Warranty that can be extended through ScannXtra Care for up to five years. The unit is supported by ScannX technical support and customer service teams.