Overhead Scanner 2800V
The Revolutionary Overhead Book Scanner
The ScannX Overhead Scanner 2800V is a versatile, easy-to-use overhead book scanning solution that delivers advanced features and performance for library patrons, students, and staff. This powerful book scanner combines the capabilities of the CZUR m3000 v2 28MP Overhead Book Scanner integrated with a v-shaped cradle and ScannX's intuitive Book ScanCenter software, making it the perfect solution for digitizing books and documents in any library setting.
The ScannX Overhead Scanner 2800V is designed to provide library patrons, students, and staff with a convenient, user-friendly book scanning solution. It allows users to easily create digital copies of books and documents without the need for library staff assistance, streamlining the scanning process and making it more accessible for everyone. Featuring an intuitive interface and powerful scanning capabilities, the ScannX Overhead Scanner 2800V is ideal for fulfilling interlibrary loan requests, creating course reserves, and providing students with access to essential course materials. Its advanced book scanning technology ensures high-quality and accurate scans every time, making it an essential addition to any library and a perfect tool for libraries looking to enhance their book scanning capabilities and provide users with a convenient, efficient way to access and share information. Upgrade your library's book scanning capabilities with the ScannX Overhead Scanner 2800V. It's the most advanced, versatile, and easy-to-use book scanning solution on the market today.
- Optical resolution of 360 DPI, with interpolation up to 600 DPI
- Ultra-fast scans in 4 seconds per page, with no pre-scan require
- Unique hardware design with an integrated V-shaped book cradle that captures face-up books up to 17” wide x 11” tall x 3” thick
- Advanced page-flattening algorithms that transform pixels from a 3D, curved surface to a completely flat undistorted image
- Innovative ThumbErase™ automatic digital thumb removal technology for exceptional results
- Integrated GlareFree™ side lighting delivers blotch-free scans of glossy documents
- ABBYY FineReader technology for unmatched OCR accuracy, with automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word (.docx) and MP3 file formats with support for over 200+ languages
- Image output formats: PDF, JPEG, single / multi page TIFF, and PNG file formats
- Accessibility tools for the visually impaired, including audio narration, text magnifier, high contrast Searchable PDF, PDF/a-1a and PDF/a-1b, and scan time readback
- Image editing tools: Zoom, crop, rotate, split horizontal vertical, fit-to-page, page re-order and image optimization
- Localization language support in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
- Integrates with coin, bill, and credit card devices for cost recovery; add-on options for faxing, handwriting recognition, and text translation with support for over 120+ languages
- Advanced security with CAS, 2-factor authentication and LDAP options
- U.S. based support team with permission based remote access to diagnose system issues quickly and accurately
- Maximum scanning area. Documents: 18.89 x 14.17 in per page
- Maximum scanning area. Books: 17” x11
ScannX Overhead Book Scanners are integrated with the ABBYY FineReader Engine for unmatched accuracy. ABBYY’s multi-lingual document recognition engine automatically detects English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages. Customers may upgrade to the company’s OCR pack which can detect over 200 languages.
ScannX designs its products with accessibility built-in from the ground up. The touchscreen interface is designed for ultimate ease-of-use and includes contrast and magnifying tools for the visually impaired. Audio narration is built in. And the selection of scan controls includes a simple touch on the display, a desktop button for the hand, or a foot pedal to keep the hands free. We also offer a 48” x 30” height adjustable table to meet additional ADA compliant requirements.
Keep Your Library Green
The system also helps you meet your environmental goals by allowing your scans to be sent to or stored on a variety of media, rather than printing. The Book ScanCenter Standard Edition software includes output to email, Google Drive, mobile devices, network, print, USB drive, and Wēpa. Add-on options include Article Exchange, Box, Dropbox, fax, ILLiad, Odyssey, Office 365, OneDrive, print from cloud or USB drive, print from mobile device, Tipasa, and WorldShare ILL. Translation into multiple languages is also available.
Scannalytics tracks usage statistics, enables features remotely, and distributes updates. IT and Accounting departments can use these reports to manage and optimize asset utilization and department chargeback fees.
Supported Billing Systems
The Overhead Scanner 2800V supports ITC and Jamex coin and debit/credit card systems. It also works with leading print management vending systems including Pharos, EnvisionWare, and P-Counter. ScannX systems also support card systems from Blackboard and CBORD.
ScannX Overhead Book Scanner hardware is backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that can be upgraded and extended through ScannXtra Care® for up to five years. The system is supported by ScannX technical support and customer service teams.