- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Comments, Reviews, and Other Information
- Making Changes to Your Information
- Marketing Preferences
- Children's Privacy Online
- California Privacy Rights
- English Version Prevails
- How to Contact Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our website (the “Website”), purchase ScannX Products or use ScannX internet-based services (“ScannX Services”). Some examples are when you:
- Subscribe to the ScannX Blog on the Website;
- Submit information through the Website such as on the “Contact” form and “Try It For Free” form;
- Order or purchase a ScannX Product or use a ScannX Product on a trial basis;
- Register your ScannX Product through the Website;
- Register to use the ScannX Cloud Services Portal or any other ScannX Service;
- Submit a support request;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, giveaway, promotion, or survey; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Information Automatically Collected
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your IP address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites. We use this technical information to, among other things, improve our products and services as well as to help us administer our website and diagnose technical problems. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- We may use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our site. For more information about cookies, please see the section below “Cookies.”
Content of Scanned Materials
ScannX does not access the content of materials that are uploaded by you to the ScannX servers (for example, in the case of “Scan-to-Fax” or “Scan-to-Smartphone” services) and typically does not store such materials for more than twenty four (24) hours (except as otherwise indicated in the service). However, ScannX may provide such materials to third parties in the circumstances listed below under “How We Share Your Information – Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others” and “How We Share Your Information – Business Transfers.” ScannX may also in such cases store such materials beyond the normal indicated storage period. In addition, ScannX may access and view such materials in response to user support requests.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for Products and Services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions;
- To provide customer service and alert you to Product and Service information;
- To help us improve and customize our Product and Service offerings, the Website, and advertising;
- To send you information about the Products, Services, and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business.
How We Protect Your Information
To protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control we have implemented security measures on the Website.
When you place orders a secure server is employed. All information you input is encrypted by the secure server layer (SSL) before it is sent to us and all the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorized access.
ScannX cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
ScannX will never request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail. If you receive such an e-mail that purports to be from ScannX, please do not respond but please report it to us.
How We Share Your Information
Within Our Corporate Group
ScannX may share your personal information with other companies in our corporate group.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
ScannX may also share your personal information for the following limited purposes:
1. Comply with the law or with legal process, or with requests from law enforcement authorities;
2. Protect and defend our rights and property;
3. Protect our customers or users from misuse or unauthorized use of the ScannX website; or
4. Protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public.
With Search Providers
Google has been enabled to associate web and app browsing history with your Google account, and to use information from your Google account to personalize ads you see across the web, Google will use your data together with Google Analytics data from ScannX to build and define audience lists for cross-device remarketing. In order to support this feature, Google Analytics collects your Google-authenticated identifiers, which are Google’s personal data, and temporarily joins them to ScannX Google Analytics data in order to populate audiences.
ScannX may from time to time share the information we collect from and about you with other third-parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services. Examples are shipping vendors, product support vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, promoters and administrators of sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and the Website. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose. In some cases ScannX and third-party service providers may share tracking information, including your IP address, and ScannX may provide information about your order to a website that has referred you to ScannX (and the referral network utilized by such website), to facilitate calculation of any commissions payable by ScannX.
- Identify you when you use the ScannX Cloud Services;
- Keep track of your specified preferences;
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve ScannX’s content, Products and Services;
- Prevent fraudulent activities; and improve security.
The “Settings,” “Privacy” or other features on most browsers will enable you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and to disable cookies altogether. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, you will be unable to use the ScannX Cloud Services.
ScannX allows third parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services, to collect certain anonymous technical information (such as clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, MAC address, cookie and session ID, and IP address) when you visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for ScannX when you visit certain other websites. These third parties typically use a cookie to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the National Advertising Initiative or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may have buttons, plugins and log-in interfaces from sites operated by third parties, as well as links and other connections to those sites. We refer to these buttons, plugins, login interfaces, links and other connections as “Links.” If you click on a Link, those third parties may receive information about you. As a result, you may wish to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how such information is collected and used.
If you click on or input information through certain Links on the Website, we may have access to information related to your account with third-party site. This may include your profile information and privacy settings for that site.
While ScannX encourages third parties with Links on the Website to follow appropriate privacy standards and policies, we are not responsible for the actions of those parties, the content of their websites or any products or services they may offer.
Comments, Reviews, and Other Information
Making Changes to Your Information
If you wish to change any information you have submitted to ScannX at any time (other than the content of any scanned materials you have uploaded), please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We may use your information to occasionally notify you about important changes to our Products and Services or the Website, ScannX offers that you may find useful, or offers from companies with whom we have business relationships. We may also contact you if you have entered one of our contests or sweepstakes, or responded to one of our surveys. Choosing not to receive email newsletters or email notifications from us when you enter a contest or sweepstakes will not affect your chances of winning.
If you would prefer not to receive e-mail notifications from us (other than e-mail notifications relating to order processing or support requests), please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Privacy Online
The ScannX Products, Services and the Website are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have an “established business relationship” with ScannX (within the meaning of California law), you are entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure of specified “personal information” (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.83) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by ScannX pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at email@example.com and enter the following in the subject line of the e-mail: ”California Privacy Rights.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address below:
1061 Serpentine Ln Suite G
Pleasanton, CA 94566 USA