Overhead Scanner 1800
The Perfect Library Book Scanner
The Overhead Scanner 1800 is a highly capable scanner designed for public and patron-facing use in university libraries, public libraries, and interlibrary loan document delivery services. Its overhead design enables easy and quick scanning of documents and books up to 3 inches thick, making it perfect for digitizing materials such as textbooks, journals, and magazines.
The Overhead Book Scanner 1800 provides a large scanning area of up to 18 x 14 inches for documents and up to 17 x 11 inches for books and scan resolution up to 600 dpi. The large scan combined with advanced features such as automatic page detection and cropping, page orienting and book page flattening, and easy-to-use ScannX Software, the Overhead Scanner1800 library book scanner makes digitization fast and simple, even for non-technical users. The scanner's compact design makes it easy to integrate into any workspace, while its durable construction ensures that it can withstand frequent use in busy library settings. Additionally, its high-speed scanning capabilities mean patrons can quickly and easily scan copies of materials without long wait times.
Overall, the Overhead Scanner 1800 is an excellent tool for libraries looking to provide their patrons and students with the tools they need to study smarter. Its user-friendly design, high-quality imaging technology, and speedy scanning capabilities make it the ideal choice for public, student, and patron-facing use in libraries.
- Optical resolution of 275 DPI, with interpolation up to 600 DPI
- Ultra-fast scans in 3 seconds per page, with no pre-scan require
- Advanced page-flattening algorithms that transform pixels from a 3D, curved surface to a completely flat undistorted image
- Innovative ThumbErase™ automatic digital thumb removal technology for exceptional results
- Integrated GlareFree™ side lighting delivers blotch-free scans of glossy documents
- ABBYY FineReader technology for unmatched OCR accuracy, with automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word (.docx) and MP3 file formats with support for over 200+ languages
- Output formats: PDF, Searchable PDF, PDF/a-1a and PDF/a-1b, JPEG, single / multi page TIFF, PNG, MP3, and Word (.docx)
- Accessibility tools for the visually impaired, including audio narration, text magnifier, high contrast, and scan time readback
- Image editing tools: Zoom, crop, rotate, split horizontal vertical, fit-to-page, page re-order and image optimization
- Localization language support in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
- Integrates with coin, bill, and credit card devices for cost recovery; add-on options for faxing, handwriting recognition, and text translation with support for over 120+ languages
- Advanced security with CAS, 2-factor authentication and LDAP options
- U.S. based support team with permission based remote access to diagnose system issues quickly and accurately
- Maximum scanning area. Documents: 18.89 x 14.17 in per page
- Maximum scanning area. Books: 17” x11
- Security stand included to protect the scanner when used in public settings