The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner 1800 combines the inspired, innovative hardware of the CZUR ET18 Pro (learn more about its unique features) custom integrated with ScannX award-winning book and document scanning software to deliver a powerful, yet affordable, book scanning solution for libraries.
This leading-edge technology reduces book scanning to page turning, creates flat scans from curved books, enables glossy prints to be scanned without glare or reflection, and integrates smart tilt correction and auto-cropping. In fact, it even removes the user’s thumbs from the scan area, using advanced AI technology unique to ScannX. The end result? Perfect scans every time.
As powerful as it is, this state-of-the-art scanner solution also makes it easy for everyone to use it. Flexible in design from the ground up, it enables users to control the scanner using a touch screen, a hand button, or a foot pedal, while scanning entire pages at the ultra-fast rate of 6 seconds – including dual-facing pages of a book or A3-size documents.
- Ultra-fast scans in six seconds per page, with no pre-scan required
- A unique hardware design that features overhead scanning to capture face-up books up to 17” x 11” in size, and up to 3" thick, and documents up to 18” x 14”
- 18MP Sony CMOS Image Sensor
- Advanced page-flattening algorithms that transform pixels from a 3D, curved surface to a completely flat undistorted image
- Innovative ThumbErase™ automatic digital thumb removal technology for scan-perfect results
- Integrated GlareFree™ side lighting delivers perfect scans of glossy documents that are blotch-free
- ABBYY FineReader technology for unmatched OCR accuracy, with automatic conversion to searchable PDF, Word, MP3, JPEG, TIFF, and PNG file formats
- Integrates with coin, bill, and credit card devices for cost recovery, with add-on options for faxing, text to text, and text to audio translations
- Security stand to protect the scanner when used in public settings
The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner is integrated with the ABBYY FineReader Engine for unmatched accuracy. ABBYY’s multi-lingual document recognition engine automatically detects English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages.
The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner ships with a custom security stand manufactured by ScannX to protect the scanner from theft in high-traffic areas. It is easily installed in minutes, fits the scanner perfectly, and can be attached to a table for further protection.
ScannX designs its products with accessibility built-in from the ground up. The touchscreen interface is designed for ultimate ease-of-use and includes contrast and magnifying tools for the visually impaired. Audio narration is built in. And the selection of scan controls includes a simple touch on the display, a desktop button for the hand, or a foot pedal to keep the hands free.
Keep Your Library Green
The system also helps you meet your environmental goals by allowing your scans to be sent to or stored on a variety of media, rather than printing. The Book ScanCenter Standard Edition software includes output to email, Google Drive, mobile devices, network, print, USB drive, and Wepa. Add-on options include Article Exchange, Box, Dropbox, fax, ILLiad, Odyssey, Office 365, OneDrive, print from cloud or USB drive, print from mobile device, Tipasa, and WorldShare ILL. Translation into multiple languages is also available.
Scannalytics tracks usage statistics, enables features remotely, and distributes updates. IT and Accounting departments can use these reports to manage and optimize asset utilization and department chargeback fees.
Supported Billing Systems
The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner supports ITC and Jamex coin and debit/credit card systems. It also works with leading print management vending systems including Pharos, EnvisionWare, and P-Counter. ScannX systems also support card systems from Blackboard and CBORD.
The ScannX Overhead Book Scanner hardware is backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that can be upgraded and extended through ScannXtra Care® for up to five years. The system is supported by ScannX technical support and customer service teams.